NEIL S. DORNBAUM, born New York, N.Y., December 27, 1956; admitted to: Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1981); United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; United States Tax Court; Supreme Court of New York (1982); United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (1983); Supreme Court of New Jersey; United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1985); Supreme Court of the United States of America (1992).
Hunter College of the City University of New York (B.A., 1978); Temple University (J.D., 1981); University of Law, Athens, Greece (Certificate of Attendance, Summer 1979). Member, Moot Court Society; 1990 Philip C. Jessup International Law Competition. Law Clerk to Pennsylvania Senate Judiciary Committee (1980-1981).
Bar Association Activities
American Immigration Lawyers Association: Member; Essential Workers Committee (2007-2008); Member; Teleconference Committee (2006-2007); Special Liaison, ABA Commission on Immigration, Policy, Practice and Pro Bono (2002-2006); Member: Business Immigration Committee (2005-2006); Member, AILA Governance Task Force (2001- 2003); Chair, Business Immigration Committee - Non-Immigrant Visas (2000-2001); Member, INS Reorganization Committee (1999-2000); Chair, Vermont Service Center Liaison (1998-1999); Chair, Advocacy 2000, Bar Associations Committee, (1997-1998); Vice Chair, INS Headquarters Liaison (1996-1997); Vice-Chair, Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals Liaison (1994-1995);Co-Chair, Vermont Service Center Liaison (1993-1994); Chair, Mentor Committee (1992-1993); Chair, Business, Industry and Labor Committee, Section on Public Policy (1988-1990); Co-Chair, Bureau of Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs/I&NS Central Office Refugee and Parole Liaison Committee (1987-1988).
AILA New Jersey Chapter: Chair (1991-1993), (1995-1996); Vice-Chair (1990-1991);Secretary (1988-1990); Chair; American Immigration Law Foundation liaison (2005- present), Chair, Region II Department of Labor Liaison (1991-2003); Chair, District Office Liaison (1991-1993), (1995-1999); Chair, Vermont Service Center Liaison (1991-1999).
American Bar Association: Advisory Committee, ABA Commission on Immigration (2009 - ); Commissioner, ABA Commission on Immigration (2006 - 2009); Special Liaison, ABA Commission on Immigration, Policy, Practice and Pro Bono (2002-2006); Chair, Immigration Law Committee of the General Practice Section (1996-1999) (2006- present ); Vice Chair (1985-1996).Member, Coordinating Committee on Immigration Law (1996-1999).
New Jersey State Bar Association: Chair, Immigration, Naturalization and Americanism Section (2000-2003); Vice-Chair (1995-1999); Secretary (1994-1995).
- Listed in "The Best Lawyers in America,"1993-Present.
- Listed in "The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers", 1994-Present, published by Martindale-Hubbell, under Immigration Law. This listing is limited to about the top 3% of law firms which have received Martindale-Hubbell's top rating for legal ability and ethical standards. The rating itself is earned by only 11% of U.S. lawyers.The rating is based on anonymous peer review questionnaires. Dornbaum & Peregoy is one of only a select limited number of law firms in New Jersey with practice limited to Immigration and Nationality Law to receive this honor.
- Listed in "Who's Who Legal; The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers", published 1996 - present by Law Business Research. The publication recognized fewer than 300 immigration lawyers world-wide.
- Listed in New Jersey Monthly Magazines listing of " Top Lawyers" - under Immigration Law.
- Listed in "Super Lawyers" - under Immigration Law.
Kathleen M. Peregoy; Temple University ( BBA, Magna Cum Laude, Beta Gamma Sigma, 1980 ); Temple University ( J.D., Phi Alpha Delta, 1983 ). Admitted to the bar in the State of New Jersey and State of Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court-D.N.J., U.S. District Court-E.D.P.A. (1983); and U.S. Court of Appeals-Third Circuit (1984) and is a member and officer of the New Jersey State Bar Association, (Immigration, Nationality and Americanism Section), Pennsylvania State Bar Association, American Immigration Lawyers Association, (AILA), and American Bar Associations.
Ms. Peregoy has lectured and published on commercial and Immigration law topics and is listed in Matindale Hubbell's "Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers"; "The Best Lawyers in America"; and in New York and New Jersey Magazines' "Top Lawyers" and "Super Lawyers" publications for her work in Immigration Law.
Ms. Peregoy has been practicing corporate/commercial/transactional law for over 20 years and for the last 10 years has practiced exclusively in corporate immigration law. She concentrates in PERM, Labor Certification, Extraordinary Ability, National Interest, Outstanding Researchers and Professors, Corporate Transferees, and other business categories. She handles work for numerous Fortune 500 and emerging technology companies in the following sectors: biotechnology, chemical, engineering (environmental/power), financial services (accounting/auditing, insurance, investment banks), health care, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, & semiconductors.
Prior to becoming a member of Dornbaum & Peregoy, Ms. Peregoy was Of Counsel to Rubin & Dornbaum (1995-2005). Prior to that Ms. Peregoy was associated with the following firms:
- 1989- 1995 Crummy, Del Deo, Dolan, Griffinger & Vecchione, Newark, New Jersey.
- 1987-1989: Gutkin, Miller, Shapiro, Selesner & Shoobe, Millburn, NJ;
- 1984-1987: Katzenbach, Gildea & Rudner, Lawrenceville, NJ;
- 1983-1984: Law Clerk, Hon. William G. Bischoff, Presiding Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, Camden;
- 1983: Law Clerk to Ellis M. Saull, Esq., Chief Assistant City Solicitor, City of Philadelphia, Law Department, Taxation and Code Enforcement Section;
Ms. Peregoy is professionally active, as follows:
- 2006-2007 Member; Diversity Pipeline Task Force, New Jersey State Bar Association;
- 2005-2006 Adjunct Professor, International Business Law, Berkeley Collge:
- 2000-Present: Secretary, Second Vice Chair, Vice Chair, and currently Chair, Immigration, Naturalization and Americanism Section, New Jersey State Bar Association;
- 1999-Present: Member, Paralegal Advisory Board, Berkeley College;
- 1997-1998: Board Member Junior League of the Oranges and Short Hills (JLOSH);
- 1996-1998: Delegate; New Jersey State Public Affairs Committee (SPAC) Junior League of the Oranges and Short Hills (JLOSH).
- 1991-1995: President, NJ Business and Professional Woman (BPW, Oranges Chapter).
- 1991-1995: Chair, NJ Business and Professional Woman, Education Council.
Abigail J. Walsh, Associate, University of Pennsylvania (B.A. 1997), Temple University School of Law (J.D. 2000); member of International Law Journal (1995-1997); New Jersey Federal Bankruptcy Court Judicial Internship (1996-1997). Ms. Walsh is admitted to the Bar in New Jersey and New York. Ms. Walsh is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
If you or someone you know needs the assistance of an experienced immigration lawyer for an employment and family based immigration visa then contact New Jersey based Dornbaum & Peregoy to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer. The firm can be reached at 1.866.745.6194 or via the convenient contact form in the left column above.